This preparation is one of the common side dish which our ancestors used. This requires ingredients which are readily available. It is good for back pain, L4 L5 disk desiccation. Try it out.
- Young Veldt Grape/ Cissus quadrangularris leaves ( Pirandai in tamil)-a small piece
- Black urad dhal-2 tsp.
- Dry red chilly-1 no.
- Onion-1/2 no.
- Pepper-1/2 tsp.
- Old tamarind- tamarind seed size
- Asafoetida powder-1/4 tsp.
- Gingelly oil-2 tsp.
- Himalayan rock salt- to taste
- Boil gingelly oil in a pan
- Add black urad dhal and roast it
- Add pepper, dry red chilly and roast it
- Add sliced onions and curry leaves and sauté it
- Add sliced veldt grape leaves and sauté it for 5 minutes
- Add old tamarind, asafoetida powder and Himalayan rock salt
- Cool and grind it
- Mix 1 tsp. of it with food and eat daily thrice for few days
- Remove the veins from Veldt Grape plant leaves