Eating a healthy breakfast is challenging nowadays. We all are in the busy world so that we don’t get time to prepare breakfast to eat and which ultimately forces us to eat junk foods. This breakfast is easy to prepare and it helps to make your body strong. It also helps to gain weight in children naturally. This is good for diabetic persons. We call this as Red aval kozhukattai. It requires ingredients which are readily available.
- Red rice flakes(aval in tamil)-50 gm
- Raw rice flour(Pachrisi maavu in tamil)-4 tsp. or more if needed
- Lemon juice-2 tsp. or more if needed
- Gingelly oil-2 tsp.
- Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp.
- Urad dhal(Ulutham paruppu in tamil)-1 tsp.
- Big onion-1/2 no.
- Himalayan salt-as needed
- Clean the rice flakes using water and soak it in water for 5 minutes
- Remove the outer skin of onion and cut it into small pieces
- Boil gingelly oil in a pan
- Add urad dhal,mustard seeds, big onions, curry leaves and saute it well
- Add this to soaked rice flakes
- Add raw rice flour, Himalayan salt and mix it well
- Add lemon juice and mix it well using hands
- Roll it into balls
- Keep it in idly plates after greasing it with oil
- Put some water in an idly steamer and put it on medium flame.
- Steam it using idly steamer for 5 minutes to 10 minutes
- Eat it
- Eat it as breakfast