Fenugreek seeds curry (Vendhaya kuzhambu) is a traditional south Indian curry which has innumerable health benefits. It cools body and cures breast pain, rheumatic arthritis, spinal cord problems, diabetes, migraine, hair fall problem etc. It uses ingredients which are readily available in your kitchen cabinet. All can eat and so try it out now itself.
- Fenugreek seeds-1 tsp.
- Coriander seeds-1 tsp.
- Dry red chilly-4 nos.
- Gingelly oil- 4 tsp.
- Mustard seeds-1/4 tsp.
- Curry leaves-15 nos.
- Small onions-10 nos.
- Tomato-1 no.
- Red chilly powder-1/2 tsp.
- Turmeric powder-2 pinches
- Himalayan rock salt -as needed
- Garlic-5 cloves
- Tamarind pulp of lemon size tamarind
- Water-as needed
- Cut small onions and tomato into small pieces
- Heat a pan
- Add fenu greek seeds, coriander seeds, dry red chilly and roast it
- Cool and grind it to get its powder
- Heat another pan
- Add gingelly oil, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds , curry leaves , small onions and sauté it well till golden brown
- Add tomato and sauté it well
- Add red chilly powder, turmeric powder, Himalayan rock salt, garlic cloves and sauté it well
- Add water, tamarind pulp and mix it well
- Boil it well
- Add ground powder and mix it well
- Boil it till it bubbles up.
- Mix it with rice and eat