Fennel seeds chutney (Sombu thuvayal) can be easily prepared and it is good for stomach ulcers (vayitu punn), bloating stomach(vayitu perumal) and indigestion(ajeeranam) problems. It requires ingredients which are readily available and so you can prepare it and eat it along with rice.
- Fennel seeds (Sombu in tamil)-2 tsp.
- Cow’s ghee-1/2 tsp.
- Asafoetida powder-2 pinches
- Black nightshade plant leaves(manathakkali keerai in tamil) -a handful
- Himalayan rock salt-as needed
- Boil ½ tsp. ghee in a pan
- Add fennel seeds and Pepper and roast it well
- Add 2 pinches of asafoetida powder
- Add a handful of black nightshade plant leaves and sauté it for 2 to 3 minutes
- Add Himalayan rock salt to it
- Turn off the flame
- Cool and grind it
- Mix it with rice, add ghee to it and eat