Food is the best medicine if we slightly modify the ingredients and use the right ingredients in the required proportion and eat it at the right time. This drumstick side dish (poriyal) is one of the common foods in south Indian menu. It uses ingredients which are readily available in your kitchen cabinet. It can be taken along with rice. This side dish is good for all bone problems (elumbu theymanum, javvu paathipu etc…)
- Drumstick-1 no.
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp.
- Cumin seeds-1 tsp.
- Big onion-1 no.
- Tomato-1/2 no.
- Green chilly-1 or 2 nos.
- Gingelly oil-2 tsp.
- Coriander leaves-a handful
- Grated coconut-a cup
- Himalayan salt-to taste
- Grate coconut and keep it aside
- Boil drumstick in water and take its flesh alone using a spoon and keep it aside
- Heat 2 tsp. of gingelly oil in a pan
- Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and once it is roasted
- Add sliced onion. Green chilly, ½ sliced tomato and sauté it well
- Add drumstick flesh, himalayan salt and sauté it well
- Add grated coconut, coriander leaves and mix it well
- Transfer it to a bowl
- Eat a handful of this preparation daily twice(morning and noon). You can mix it with rice and eat.