Basil leaves is good for cough, running nose, asthma and sinus problems. This chutney is an easy way to include it to our daily diet. Try it as it includes ingredients which are readily available.
- Basil leaves-a handful
- Roasted gram (Pori kadalai/pottu kadalai in tamil) – a handful
- Grated Coconut-2 to 3 tsp.
- Pepper- 1 tsp.
- Himalayan rock salt-as needed
- Gingelly oil-1 tsp.
- Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp.
- Curry leaves-15 nos.
- Grind basil leaves, roasted gram, coconut, pepper and Himalayan salt to get its paste
- Boil gingelly oil in a pan
- Add mustard seeds and curry leaves
- Add this to the chutney
- Eat it with idli or dosai at night