Purple fruited pea eggplant leaves are the best herb to remove excess mucus from lungs. We have Purple fruited pea eggplants at the backyard. We preserve this thorn herb for its medicinal value. Whenever I pluck the leaves from it, it pokes my hands. I use it whenever we get cold and cough.Today let us see a remedy to remove excess mucus (chazhi in tamil) from lungs and cough using Purple fruited pea eggplant leaves.
- Purple fruited pea eggplant leaves paste-1 tsp.
- Ghee-1/2 tsp.
- Pepper powder-1/4 tsp.
- Cumin seeds powder-1/4 tsp.
- Turmeric powder-a pinch
- Water-100 ml
- Salt-as needed
- Grind purple fruited pea eggplant leaves to get its paste
- Boil ghee in a pan
- Add purple fruited pea eggplant leaves paste and sauté it well
- Add pepper powder, cumin seeds powder,turmeric powder and sauté it well
- Add water, salt and boil it well
- Strain the decoction and drink
- Children can drink 20 ml of this decoction daily for few days
- Adults can drink 50 ml of this decoction daily for few days