Custard apple is good for health and you can prepare this jam and store it in glass bottle so that you can use it for few days. This requires ingredients which are readily available and it is easy to prepare. It is good for throat pain, cough, cold, heart problems etc. All can eat this.
- Custard apple flesh- a cup
- Deseeded dates fruit-10 nos.
- Water-as needed
- Cumin seeds powder-1/2 tsp.
- Fennel seeds ( sombu in tamil) powder-1/2 tsp.
- Jaggery powder-as needed
- Remove the outer skin and seeds of custard apple and take it in a bowl
- Add dates fruit to it
- Add water till it covers it and boil it for 5 minutes
- Strain the water and keep it aside(Don’t waste it, we will use it later)
- Grind the custard apple and dates together to get its paste
- Boil strained water and add jaggery powder so that it dissolves well
- Add the fruit paste and mix it well
- Add cumin seeds powder, fennel seeds powder and mix it well
- Jam is ready
- Cool and transfer it to glass bottle
- Give 1/2 tsp. of this in children daily twice(morning and evening) along with food
- For babies whose teeth is not grown, give ¼ tsp. of this daily twice(morning and evening)
- Adults who are suffering from heart problems or weak health can eat 1 tsp. along with food daily thrice
- For throat pain, cough and cold, eat 1 tsp. daily thrice(morning,noon,night) along with food and drink warm water