Finger millet steamed cake (kezhvaragu puttu in tamil) is one of the best evening snacks. You can eat it as morning breakfast too. It is a very healthy food which helps to remove tiredness and boost immunity power in children. This food also strengthens bones. It acts as a first remedy for diarrhea when taken without adding jaggery.
- Ragi flour- a cup
- Water-as needed
- Grated coconut-1/4 cup
- Jaggery powder-as needed
- Cardamom powder-a pinch
- Crack the coconut and grate it
- Grind jaggery to get its powder
- Grind cardamom to get its powder
- Take ragi flour in a clean white cotton cloth
- Sprinkle water over it and mix it using hands
- Steam cook it for 5 minutes
- Take it in a bowl.
- Remove the lumps using your hands
- Add grated coconut, jaggery powder and cardamom powder
- Mix it well and eat
- Eat it. Best to have it in evening
- Be careful while adding water.The flour has to get wet yet retain a powdery consistency
- Diabetic patients can add salt instead of jaggery and eat it. If you get organic jaggery all can use it without any worries.
- It is best to get the whole ragi and grind it to get its flour